The online retail industry is extremely competitive, so in order to effectively manage and operate a retail business online, companies have to differentiate themselves from their competitors by making their online store as intuitive and attractive as possible. While this is usually achieved through manual coding and design, it can take months, even years, to complete. With eCommerce software, however, online retailers can quickly create and deploy compelling and user-friendly sites, thereby maximizing revenues and sales.
eCommerce software applications generally provide the following features as standard:
- A centralized database to store product listings, order history, and customer data.
- Advanced search features so that customers can find products quickly and easily.
- Functionality to add and update tools for new products and categories, as well as the capability to include detailed descriptions, features lists, images, and more.
- End-to-end automation of the checkout process, including dynamic pricing, taxes, and shipping and handling fee calculations.
- Third-party payment integration so that customers can choose the payment option they prefer most.
- Shipping service provider integration in order to offer fully-customized delivery options at checkout.
- Wide-ranging statistical reporting that includes keyword tracking, referring sites, click-stream analysis, and customer demographics.
- Accounting software integration for more effective revenue, invoice, and payment management.